Looking to make the most of your time alone this winter? Here are five ways to get relaxation and fun!
Spend time with a good book or movie – cozy up in your living room
There are many ways to spend your winter break, but one of the most relaxing is to curl up with a good book or movie. Whether you choose to watch a movie indoors or outdoors, make sure to have snacks and drinks close by in case you get hungry or thirsty. Bring your favorite blanket or pillows if you want to make the experience even more comfortable. Most importantly, make sure to relax and wind down before returning to school or work.
Take a winter walk or bike ride – get some exercise in the great outdoors
If you’re looking for a way to get your blood flowing and warm up on a cold day, taking a walk or bike ride is the perfect option! Not only will you be getting some quality exercise, but you’ll also be able to take in the beautiful scenery of your neighborhood. Start your day off by bundling up and hitting the streets!
Make a hot pot or soup to warm up – stay cozy indoors
Looking to stay warm and cozy this winter? Here are five recipes to try! Whether you make a creamy soup or a hearty pot of chili, these dishes will keep you toasty all winter long.
1. Creamy Potato Soup – This simple soup is perfect for winter days when the cold air bites. Add in some potatoes and simmer until they are soft and tender, then let the soup cool and enjoy with a satisfying serving of bread on the side.
2. Warm Bean Soup – Let the flavors of fall simmer in this comforting bean soup. Soft, silky beans simmered with onion, celery, and spices give this soup a deep, complex flavor that will warm your soul.
3. Spicy Veggie Chili – This hearty chili is perfect for those days when you just want something warm and filling. Made with hearty ingredients like black beans, kidney beans, and corn, it’s sure to fill you up without making you feel weighed down.
4. Butternut Squash Soup – Butternut squash is one of the most versatile vegetables around and can be used in a variety of soups. This particular recipe is a creamy butternut squash soup that is rich and delicious – perfect for a cold day.
5. Curried Carrot Soup – If you’re looking for a warming but not too spicy soup, try this authentic curried carrot soup. The addition of spices like cumin and cardamom give this soup a unique flavor that will have you coming back for seconds.
Get creative and make a new batch of your favorite holiday cookies or cake – spend time in the kitchen
Being creative and spending time in the kitchen together can be a fun and rewarding experience. There are many different ways to decorate your cookies or cake, and you can even experiment a little bit with flavor combinations. Here are five recipes that will get you started:
1. Red Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
2. Sugar Cookies with Orange Icing
3. Cranberry Orange Christmas Cookies
4. Oatmeal Raisin Christmas Cookies
5. Crazy Christmas Cake with Peppermint Frosting
Spend time with your pets – cuddle up with your furry companions
When spending time alone this winter, nothing beats curling up with your furry friend to stay warm. Whether you take them for a walk or relax inside with a hot pot or soup, getting close to your pet is sure to keep you cozy and content. Plus, they’ll love the attention!
Winter is a time to enjoy the peace and quiet of the season, and spending time alone can be a lot of fun! Here are five ways to make the most of your time alone this winter.